Being a new blogger I decided to write a small post with 5 unknown facts about the person behind My Crazy Brood.
- The name “My Crazy Brood” came from 11-year-old Becky. We were at a Family Fun Day during the summer holidays and Beckyy was asked to take part in a game and was asked who she was with, she answered: “That crazy family over there!” When I decided to start the blog, the name seemed perfect but sadly My Crazy Family was taken so I used My Crazy Brood instead.
- We live in North Wales near the sea. I was born in England and moved to Wales when I was 6 but hubby is born and bread Wales.
- Although I’ve lived in Wales since I was 6, I can only speak a little Welsh. When I left primary at 11 I was fluent. Sadly, living with an English speaking family in an English speaking tourist town and attending a secondary school which allowed me to get away with doing all my work in English and even speaking English in my Welsh class meant I had forgotten most of it when I left school. I do try for the kid’s sake and I have been on refresher courses. When I worked in a well-known supermarket in a nearby Welsh speaking tourist town I did speak Welsh to the customers I heard speaking Welsh. They also seemed to appreciate that I went to the effort and thanked me for it.
- I suffer from anxiety, low self-esteem and depression. This means I can be a recluse. I prefer to spend my time alone, but then I get jealous when I see my friends having fun and hanging out together. Yet when they asked me to join them I often decline. Even my hobbies are lonely hobbies, such as reading and researching my family tree.
- We all have names which start with R. Rachel, Robert, Ryan, Rebecca, Ruby, Rhian and Reese.
If you have any other questions or anything you’d like to know. Comment down below.